Over the next two weekends, there will be road closures in the area of the FM 2499/Hwy 121 interchange for construction, according to a news release.
The DFW Connector project is a Texas Department of Transportation reconstruction project that is adding lanes to Hwys 114 and 121 in the area between south Flower Mound and DFW Airport.
NorthGate Constructors will set bridge beams on the future eastbound Bass Pro Drive bridge over Hwy 121 as part of the overall I-635/Hwy 121 Interchange project. The following closures have been scheduled, weather pending.
From 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1 to 6 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 4:
- Full closure on southbound Hwy 121/FM 2499 at Bass Pro Drive. Click here for a detour map.
- Southbound FM 2499 at Grapevine Mills Road. Detour to the frontage road.
- Southbound Hwy 121/FM 2499 off-ramps to I-635. Detour to the frontage road.
From 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8 to 6 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 11:
- Full closure on northbound Hwy 121 north of DFW Airport. Click here for a detour map.
- Northbound Hwy 121 off-ramp to FM 2499. Detour to Royal Lane.
- Westbound I-635 off-ramp to northbound Hwy 121. Detour to Bass Pro Drive.
Once completed, the new Bass Pro Drive bridge will add capacity to this intersection, in addition to a Texas U-turn on the south side of the bridge, according to the DFW Connector news release.
The $371 million I-635/Hwy 121 Interchange project will increase capacity and connectivity between I-635, Hwy 121, Hwy 26 and FM 2499. The improvements were included in the original $1.6 billion DFW Connector project, but funds were not available at that time to deliver the entire scope. These improvements are now funded as part of the Texas Department of Transportation’s Texas Clear Lanes initiative, which aims at improving congested corridors across the state.
Click here for more information about all the DFW Connector lane closures.