On Monday, the National Merit Scholarship Corporation announced over 1,000 additional winners of National Merit Scholarships financed by colleges and universities, including several from Flower Mound.
Officials of each sponsor college selected their scholarship winners from among National Merit Scholarship Program Finalists who will attend their institution, according to the NMSC news release. College-sponsored awards provide between $500 and $2,000 annually for up to four years of undergraduate study at the institution financing the scholarship.
The local winners are listed below:
- Kaleb Moberg, Marcus High School, University of Texas at Dallas
- Isabel Baron, Flower Mound High School, University of Arizona
- Jonathan Cluff, Flower Mound High School, University of Texas at Dallas
- Ethan Joseph, Coram Deo Academy, Texas A&M University
- Sarisha Malla, Flower Mound High School, Texas A&M University
- Julia Vasconcellos, Flower Mound High School, University of Alabama