Last week, Gov. Greg Abbott issued a proclamation allowing local entities to postpone their elections that were scheduled for May until the Nov. 3 General Election. Flower Mound was the first local entity to do so, and many more in the area are making the same choice.
The following entities have postponed their elections until the Nov. 3 General Election:
The town of Argyle has three expiring Town Council seats up for election and two candidates for each:
- Place 1: Bryan Livingston (i), Tom Irwin
- Place 3: Sherri Myers (i), Richard Spies
- Place 5: Rick Bradford, CB Standridge
The town had also called a special election for residents to consider a proposed Municipal Development District, which could extend its sales tax rate outside the town border to also include its Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction.
Bartonville voters will choose whether to renew allocation of a portion of the town’s sales tax to street maintenance, which goes up for vote every four years.
Copper Canyon Town Council
- Place 1: Steve Hill (i)
- Place 3: Rudy Castillo
- Place 5: Bill Castleman (i), Jeffrey Alan Mayer
Denton City Council
- Place 5: Deb Armintor (i), Rick Baria
- Place 6: Jim Mann, Paul Meltzer (i), Liam York
- Place 7 (Mayor): Keely Briggs, Gerard Hudspeth, Michael Mitchell
- District 1: Birdia Johnson, George Michael Ferrie Jr.
- District 2: Ronnie Anderson, Connie Baker, Daniel Clanton, Kady Irene Finley, Jon Hohman
Harvest (Belmont Fresh Water Supply District #1)
Two four-year at-large seats:
- Charles Beagle (i)
- Matthew Brown (i)
- Travis Cooper
- Steven Glickman
Lantana (Denton County Fresh Water Supply District #7)
Three four-year at-large seats:
- Randy Fogle (i)
- Steve Spence (i)
- Lynne Thompson
- Diane Wetherbee
The Argyle ISD Board of Trustees will meet Wednesday night, Northlake Town Council will meet Thursday night and Northwest ISD will meet Friday, each to consider postponing their elections until November, too.
The following elections had already been canceled because only the incumbents filed: Bartonville Town Council, Double Oak Town Council, Highland Village City Council, Denton County Fresh Water Supply District #6 (Lantana), Denton ISD Board and Lewisville ISD Board.