UPDATE: All lanes of southbound Hwy 121 at Bass Pro have reopened.
Construction crews will be closing Hwy 121, Bass Pro Drive, FM 2499 and other lanes and ramps in the area north of DFW Airport this weekend and next as part of the ongoing DFW Connector project. Drivers are encouraged to avoid the area.
From 8 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday, lots of closures are scheduled to allow crews to open the new eastbound Bass Pro Drive bridge over Hwy 121 and safely begin the demolition process of the westbound Bass Pro Drive bridge:
- Full closure of northbound Hwy 121/FM 2499 at Bass Pro Drive. Traffic will detour to the frontage road.
- Full closure of southbound Hwy 121 at FM 2499 and Grapevine Mills Parkway. Traffic will detour to the frontage road.
- Full closure of southbound Hwy 121/FM 2499 off-ramp to eastbound I-635. See detour map to Main Street.
- Full closure of westbound I-635 off-ramp to northbound Hwy 121/FM 2499. Traffic will be detoured to Bass Pro Drive.
- Full closure on Bass Pro Drive. from Hwy 26 to Hwy 121. See detour map.
The same closures are scheduled for next weekend, from 8 p.m. Aug. 16 to 6 a.m. Aug. 19.
There will also be other partial closures in the area as part of other construction work. Click here for the full list of closures.
Is the Bass Pro Dr. Bridge on your mind? We hope so, because traffic will be switched onto the new eastbound Bass Pro Dr. Bridge and we will begin demolition on the old Bass Pro Dr. Bridge!
— DFWConnector (@DFWConnector) August 9, 2019