The Denton County Transportation Authority is inviting the public to attend its open house meetings in May to provide feedback on proposed agency projects.
The come-and-go meetings will give people an opportunity to speak with individual DCTA staff members about the presented topics, according to a DCTA news release. DCTA will present agency proposals including the following topics:
- Denton Enterprise Airport On-Demand Expansion – In mid-May, DCTA is planning to expand its service area by adding a new zone to cover portions of the residential area south of I-35E and west of Fort Worth Drive.
- Changes to University Pass Program – Following DCTA’s new local fare structure that launched in January, the agency is proposing to align the current prices with its existing reduced fare discount that will be available to students, faculty and staff with proper verification documents and school ID.
- A-train Schedule Updates – DCTA is proposing to add four additional northbound and four additional southbound trains to the midday rail schedule. Also, schedules will be adjusted for new Positive Train Control (PTC) requirements DCTA is implementing on its A-train.
- Bus Schedule Updates – Minor schedule updates will be made to match the update A-train schedule.
Meetings will be held in Denton, Lewisville and Highland Village:
- Denton – two meetings will be held on:
- May 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Denton Welcome Center (111 West Hickory St.)
- May 16 from 3-7 p.m. at the Downtown Denton Transit Center in the lobby area (604 East Hickory St.)
- Lewisville – May 11 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lewisville Community Expo at the Next Steps Center (1305 TX-121 BUS)
- Highland Village – May 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Highland Village Community Market (2230 Justin Road)
For those who are unable to attend the May open house meetings, DCTA has a digital presentation that provides details on all the topics that will be covered. The presentation is available at RideDCTA.net until May 31. An online feedback form is also available and individual comments are highly encouraged.
People with hearing or sight interpretive service needs are asked to contact DCTA at least five business days in advance of the meeting at 972-221-4600 or via email at [email protected] so that DCTA can accommodate requests.