The town of Flower Mound gave residents some winter landscaping tips in a news release Thursday morning.
“Winter provides the perfect opportunity to get outdoors and tend to any outstanding home and lawn maintenance needs,” the release said.
Here are five quick tips for proper home and landscaping winterization:
1. Replace worn weather stripping around doors and windows to save on energy costs.
2. Walk around the exterior of your home and any accessory buildings and repair any holes or deterioration you find.
3. Trim trees and shrubs away from exterior walls and windows.
4. Add a protective layer of mulch (approximately 2 inches deep) around trees, bushes, and flowers to help insulate plants.
5. Winterize irrigation systems by removing water (consult with manual for brand specific tips) and reprogram preset timers.