A new Denton County courthouse is opening Friday with a ribbon-cutting and open house in far west Flower Mound.
The Southwest Courthouse, 6200 Canyon Falls Drive, will house several county offices, including the following:
- Precinct 4 Commissioner Andy Eads
- Precinct 4 Constable Tim Burch
- Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace JW Hand
- County Clerk Juli Luke
- Tax Assessor-Collector Michelle French
- Juvenile probation
- Community supervision and corrections
The opening event is scheduled from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Friday.
The courthouse was estimated to be a $12 million, 32,000 square-foot, single-story building. At the groundbreaking in January 2016, Eads said “this building will house many of our other county departments and bring much-needed services to the residents in the southwest portion of the county.”