The town of Flower Mound announced last week that it is changing several school crossing guard locations when kids head back to school next month.
“Following analysis of all school crossing guard sites in Flower Mound, we learned several of the sites do not meet the minimum requirements and will no longer be staffed with a guard,” the town said in a news release.
The locations that will no longer have a crossing guard include:
- St. Gallen Lane at Wager Road
- Garden Ridge Boulevard at St. Gallen Lane
- Forest Vista Drive at Lake Forest Boulevard
- Spinks Road at Lexington Avenue
- College Parkway mid-street crossing
- Matterhorn Lane mid-street crossing
- Timber Creek Road at Colony Street
- Timber Creek Road at Glen Hollow Lane
The town’s analysis showed a need for two new sites and three guards for the new Argyle South Elementary School, which opens in August in Canyon Falls. Also, the mid-street crossing locations for Old Settlers Elementary School and McKamy Middle School will be moved to the nearest intersections to assist with crossing students. To view a map of all locations, visit www.flower-mound.com/crossingguards.
The town is accepting applications for open crossing guard positions for the next school year. The position pays $15/hour, plus incentive pay. Click the link above or email [email protected] for more information.