Denton County Public Health announced Thursday that six more county residents have died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the countywide death toll to 526.
The deaths reported Thursday include a Trophy Club man in his 70s, two Carrollton men in their 60s, a Fort Worth man in his 60s, a Denton man in his 70s and a Little Elm woman in her 60s.
“As DCPH continues to review additional data provided to them, DCPH has confirmed six COVID-19 deaths of Denton County community members,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “We ask for you to join us with thoughts and prayers for these individuals’ families and friends on the loss of their loved one.”
DCPH Director Dr. Matt Richardson has said multiple times that DCPH only rules a resident’s death as a COVID-19 death if it is determined that the person died as a result of COVID-19, not when someone has COVID-19 but dies primarily of another cause.
There are now 3,310 active COVID-19 cases in the county, a number that was declining swiftly a few months ago but is now declining at a much slower rate.
The Centers for Disease Control announced Thursday that if you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you can resume activities that you did before the pandemic without wearing a mask or staying six feet apart, except where required by law and/or local business and workplace guidance.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
- When eligible and available to you, get your COVID-19 vaccine
Click here for more information about COVID-19 vaccines in Denton County. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, visit dentoncounty.gov/COVID19testing. For additional COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, visit dentoncounty.gov/COVID19.