By Krissi Oden and Elizabeth Brannon
Art in the Park – Flower Mound Art Festival!
Saturday, May 9, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Heritage Park
This is the first annual art festival for Flower Mound, and we have partnered with Keep Flower Mound Beautiful to make it even more exciting. The theme of this year’s festival is an ecofriendly one that will showcase the amazing ways that recycled and repurposed materials can be used in creating art. Artists that work with this type of medium are highly encouraged to apply, however, ALL mediums are welcome. Artists who have a booth space at the event must only showcase and sell their own artwork or handmade items. Please visit www.flower-mound/artfestival for details and a vendor application.
All levels welcome, all artists welcome – you do not have to live in Flower Mound to participate
Highlights of the festival will include:
- Artists booths
- A Kid’s Creative Corner
- A chalk art space
- An art treasure hunt
- Food trucks
- Art demonstrations
- A “trash the runway” fashion show
- Live performances
- Booth rental for artists will be $50 for a 10 x 10
- Booth rental for artists will be $100 for a 10 x 20
- Artists can display and sell their works.
- Artists must bring their own tent, chairs, etc.
Recycled Fashion Show – Trash the Runway
- Create a garment with recycled/repurposed materials and show it off on the runway
- Categories will include primary grades, secondary grades, Family and Group entries
- A workshop will be offered to help artists in creating their designs
- There are several sponsorship opportunities available for any businesses interested in supporting the festival. If you are interested, please contact Krissi Oden at [email protected]