Saturday is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, a nationwide effort by the DEA to provide a safe, convenient and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications. Local police departments — including Bartonville, Flower Mound and Roanoke — will be collecting unused prescription drugs and safely disposing of them.
Prescriptions and over the counter drugs, veterinary medications, vitamins, minerals and samples will be accepted. Oxygen tanks, inhalers, needles, thermometers and IV bags will not be accepted. Residents are encouraged to keep the drugs in their original containers and mark through personal information.
The following locations in southern Denton County will be collecting these unused drugs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday:
- Argyle Police Department, 506 Hwy 377
- Bartonville Police Department, 1941 Jeter Road East
- Flower Mound High School parking lot, 3411 Peters Colony Road
- Highland Village Police Department, 1000 Highland Village Road
- Marcus High School parking lot, 5705 Morriss Road
- Roanoke Police Department, 609 Dallas Drive