Argyle Police Blotter

Post Ad – Top

The following is a summary of incident reports recently made to the Argyle Police Department as compiled by the staff of The CTG:

On Nov. 18 at 1:26 a.m., someone reported a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot in the 100 block of Country Club Road. The driver of the vehicle was playing Pokémon Go.

On Nov. 18 at 8:18 a.m., witnesses at Argyle High School reported a “mystery animal” with its head stuck in a Styrofoam cup. It was a fox, and eventually someone pulled the cup off and it ran away.

On Nov. 19 at 9:56 a.m., someone reported seeing smoke coming from a house on Stonecrest Road. The homeowner was having a cookout in his driveway. The responding officer declined to grill the man any further.

On Nov. 20 at 12:04 a.m., a young man stopped at the Argyle Police Station because he was biking home from Roanoke to Denton and didn’t realize it would be so cold, so he asked if he could borrow some gloves. An officer gave him some.

On Nov. 21 at 1:21 a.m., someone reported a suspicious vehicle in the CVS parking lot. The vehicle was unoccupied and locked.

On Nov. 24 at 12:59 p.m., wind caused a security alarm to go off in the 700 block of East Hickory Hill Road.

On Nov. 25 at 11:09 a.m., someone reported an old man dancing in the street near the intersection of Harpole and Gibbons roads.

On Nov. 27 at 9:25 a.m., a homeowner reported that a man was sitting in a vehicle parked on Thornridge Circle, and he had been seen sitting in front of other houses at different times the day before. An officer made contact with the subject, who was waiting for the rest of his crew to work on a home’s roof and gutters.

On Dec. 3 at 1:06 a.m., someone reported that there were two or three people with flashlights walking in and around a home under construction in the 3400 block of Knights Court. The responding officer found that the individuals were the owners of the home.

On Dec. 4 at 6:49 a.m., a homeowner on Nora Lane called police because construction workers rang her doorbell before 7 a.m.

On Dec. 8 at 4:38 p.m., an officer helped return a loose black and white calf – seen south of FM 407 near I-35W – to its pasture.

On Dec. 10 at 1:19 p.m., a resident reported he found tire tracks outside his shed in the 100 block of East FM 407, and the window of the shed was open and it smelled like marijuana.

On Dec. 13 at 11 a.m., a group of women who are Jehovah’s Witnesses were visiting homes on Sunrise Circle when a man came out, told them they shouldn’t be in the neighborhood, and then followed them all the way to the Argyle Police Department.

On Dec. 16 at 2:30 a.m., someone reported a suspicious vehicle that turned out to be a woman sitting in a running vehicle waiting for her husband in the 300 block of Ellison Trace.

On Dec. 16 at 10:17 p.m., a caretaker at a home on South Gibbons Road reported hearing someone outside for the second night in a row, including the crunching of leaves. An officer walked around the house and saw rain falling on the leaves near the house, causing the crunching sound.

On Dec. 19 at 3:07 a.m., a man reported that he was driving south on I-35W in Argyle when he believes someone in the car ahead of him shot at him. He heard a loud bang and his windshield splintered, and then the car in front of him sped off.

On Dec. 21 at 2:16 a.m., a resident on Shadow Wood Drive called police because of an unknown noise coming from the back of the house. An officer checked the exterior and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, but the pool pump was making a noise and raindrops were hitting trash cans.

On Dec. 21 at 5:38 a.m., an officer was involved in a hit-and-run crash after a buck ran into the side of a police vehicle, causing damage, and then ran off.

Police were called numerous times in December during morning rush hour to shoo the wild turkeys out of the roadway at Hwy 377 and Frenchtown Road.

On Dec. 22 at 3:18 p.m., a woman got into her car in her driveway on Forest Trail and called police because a pickup was sitting in front of her house, blocking her in. She stated that she was not expecting anyone and didn’t feel safe getting out of her car. An officer came and found out the pickup was occupied by a man who was picking up his son from a friend’s house, but he had the wrong address.

On Dec. 22 at 4:38 p.m., a caller on Sandy Cove reported hearing three noises that could have been gunshots. An officer spoke with a nearby resident who said he had been outside for several minutes and hadn’t heard anything but a train did go by.

On Dec. 23 at 9:36 a.m., someone reported a suspicious vehicle in the 500 block of Primrose Court. It was a worker waiting for a homeowner to arrive.

On Dec. 26 at 10:31 a.m., a house-sitter on Shadow Wood Drive reported seeing a man in the backyard, and they knew he wasn’t the regular pool cleaner. The man then asked if he could use the restroom. The house-sitter apparently left the house and took the pets with them. Police were able to speak to the homeowners, who were out of town, who said the man was the pool cleaner. They just changed pool cleaning services and forgot to tell the house-sitter.

On Dec. 27 at 3:09 a.m., someone reported seeing a suspicious vehicle behind the Snooty Pig restaurant. It was a Snooty Pig employee who told police he woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep, and he had to be at work at 6 a.m.

On Dec. 29 at 1:57 p.m., a car headed north on I-35W in Argyle pulled over and three females got out and started fighting, according to a caller. The trio took off before an officer arrived.

On Dec. 30 at 1:55 a.m., someone called police on a woman who had too much to drink and was waiting for her mother to pick her up. An officer was there when the mother arrived and she got her daughter.

On Dec. 30 at 3:26 p.m., an officer removed a bunch of clothes and clothes hangers from the roadway on northbound I-35W.

On Jan. 1 at 1:03 a.m., a husband and wife in the 300 block of Creekside Trail called police because their garage door was “frozen” and their garage code wasn’t working, and they were locked out of their house. They called back six minutes later and said they were able to get inside.

On Jan. 3 at 4:46 a.m., a car crashed into a utility pole, knocking it off its base, in the 1000 block of Stonecrest Road.

On Jan. 3 at 9:32 a.m., a construction company reported that someone stole “all roofing tools” from a construction site in the 1000 block of Old Justin Road.

On Jan. 7 at 5:31 a.m., someone reported a suspicious person at Earl’s restaurant. It was an employee arriving early to work.

On Jan. 8 at 8:41 p.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop in the 400 block of Crawford Road. The officer conducted a probable cause search and seized about 40 Whataburger placards.

On Jan. 11 at 9:08 a.m., someone reported a turkey was in the road at Hwy 377 and Frenchtown Road, and drivers were swerving around to miss it. An officer found two turkeys safely loitering in a nearby field. Thirty minutes later, a caller reported the turkeys were near the road again, and an officer shooed the turkeys back into the field.

On Jan. 15 at 12:22 a.m., a woman called police because she was in bed and heard a crashing noise. The noise was determined to be caused by items falling in the attic.

On Jan. 15 at 12:03 p.m., a driver was having problems with their daughter and stopped at the police station to ask for help. An officer spoke with the daughter for a few minutes, and she calmed down.

On Jan. 19 at 2:58 p.m., a resident on East FM 407 reported finding a downstairs window smashed, and she thought she heard something upstairs. Police responded and found the home to be clear.

On Jan. 24 at 12:12 a.m., a resident on Harpole Road reported a suspicious truck or van in her driveway at her gate that drove away quickly. It turned out to be an Amazon delivery.

On Jan. 24 at 6:47 a.m., a boy was spotted walking on the railroad tracks in the 400 block of South Hwy 377. He told the officer he was walking them to get to school. The officer advised the boy of a safer route to his destination.

On Jan. 24 at 4:02 p.m., a man reported that his son was dropped off at a school bus stop on FM 407 and a white work truck with rocks in the back tried to pick the boy up.

On Jan. 25 at 2:05 p.m., a man reported that he was locked in the Snooty Pig restaurant. He had gone to the restroom and the business apparently closed and locked him in. An officer helped get him out.

On Jan. 25 at 11:12 p.m., someone reported that just about every night, they see people go into Argyle High School during the overnight hours. Officers investigated and found that it was the cleaning crew on their usual shift.

About The Author

Related posts