Highland Village city council members Tuesday approved a resolution to implement the Waste Management At Your Door program for household hazardous waste recycling.
With the new program, residents can call Waste Management at 1-800-449-7587 to request home pick up of items such as paints, pesticides, automotive products and cleaners, lamps, computers, monitors, microwave ovens, and non-controlled pharmaceuticals.
The program replaces the bi-annual hazardous waste clean up event the city holds in March and October.
The cost for the At Your Door program is the same as the bi-annual clean up program, resulting in no additional household fee, city officials said. The city plans to implement the program in March.
During the City Manager’s Report, the HVTV News segment informed residents of the annual Resolution Run to be held on Saturday, January 21. The Resolution Run is a 5k run/walk and 2k four-legged-friend walk. The run is sponsored by the Medical Center of Lewisville and benefits the Highland Village Trail System.
4th Annual Resolution Run
· Saturday, January 21, 2012
· 7:30 a.m. Race Day Registration ~ 9:00 a.m. 5K Race Start ~ 9:05 a.m. Dog Race Start
· Registration Fees: $25 Adult; $18 Students/Kids; $25 Dog & Partner Entry
· Location: Highland Village Office Suites behind Wal-Mart, 1 block north of FM 407 on FM 2499
· Sign up at the Parks and Recreation Office at The Robert & Lee DuVall Center or online at www.terrafirmapromo.com/events/resolution
The HVTV update also informed residents of the upcoming Father/Daughter Dance to be held at Celebrations on Friday, February 10. Tickets are $25 per person for residents and $30 per person for non-residents. Space is limited. Dress Semi-Formal. Registration is available at the Parks Department or online at www.activenet.active.com/hvparks.