Argyle Police Blotter

The following is a summary of incident reports recently made to the Argyle Police Department as compiled by the staff of The Cross Timbers Gazette:

A man asked police if he could shoot blanks from his 45-caliber handgun so he could practice shooting balloons. He was told that firing off blanks is against the town’s fireworks ordinance.

An officer responded to a 911 hang up call from a residence on Corral City Drive and found a 71-year-old woman who said that she accidentally fell against the phone and it dialed 911. 

A customer at Johnny Joe’s reported that a male employee bent down behind her and looked under her skirt. She said that she immediately ran out of the store and the incident should have been caught on surveillance tape.

Police took an assault report after a fight broke out between two students at Argyle High School.

Roofers working in the 600 block of Frenchtown Road became upset over comments made by their supervisor regarding Hispanic workers. The offended roofers, who were not Hispanic, stopped working and demanded money from the supervisor even though the job was not completed and he had not yet been paid by the homeowner.

Police responded to a report of a possible cat burglar and could only find a cat. A woman in the 900 block of Skyline Drive said that she had just returned home and heard the master bedroom door close, along with strange noises emanating from the room. After an officer arrived they discovered that the door was shut by the woman’s daughter to contain their cat.

A resident in the 400 block of Ben Boyd Road reported that a woman he did not know in her late 20’s wearing ripped jeans and a sweatshirt banged on his front door around 6 a.m. and said that someone was trying to kill her. The woman told the resident that she had walked 20 miles and if he called the police she would die. After he refused to let her in, she left the area before police arrived and was unable to be located.

Police responded to a domestic disturbance on Corral City Drive where an angry woman was reported to be driving up and down the street at a high rate of speed yelling obscenities after her daughter attempted to pick up her belongings from a former roommate and could not locate the items.

A resident on Forest Trail reported a suspicious vehicle parked in front of her home the morning after a tense Town Council meeting. She told police that some threats were made during the meeting that made her nervous. The police were unable to locate the vehicle.

Police responded to a harassment report in the 300 block of Redbud St. after a man threatened to assault his cousin and tear up his sister’s car because their grandmother would not allow him on the property.  The man was not at the residence when police arrived.  A criminal trespass warning was issued to discourage the man from returning. 

A woman in the 900 block of Stonecrest Road called police to report that her 18-year-old son got mad at her because some clippers did not work properly and the boy started throwing things and broke two windows in the front of the house. She said her son is a bodybuilder and has a history of violence against family members. The boy left the residence before police arrived.

Police dispatchers took a call from a Dallas woman who wanted to report a possible homicide. She said that some friends told her that a man she knows acquired a 500-acre estate somewhere in either Argyle or Azle and had killed a horse and a cow. The woman said that because the horse and cow are missing they must be dead. She did not know the name of the street the estate was located on and would not divulge the names of her friends that supposedly provided the information. The dispatcher suspected that the incident did not occur and the woman was emotionally disturbed.

A woman in the 100 block of Joyce Lane called police for help, stating that she had locked herself in her bedroom to keep her 26-year-old daughter from getting in. She told police that she believed her daughter was on drugs and had an active arrest warrant. The daughter took off before police arrived.

The owner of a roofing company said that his employees became uncomfortable and walked off a job in the 600 block of Frenchtown Road after the homeowner, who believes in “faith healing”, wanted to touch him and his workers to heal a rash they acquired from handling insulation.

Originally published in the August 2011 issues of The Cross Timbers Gazette

Related Articles

Popular This Week