The Denton County Commissioners Court recently approved more than $1.6 million in funding for eight social service agencies in the county to assist residents in need.
The county used funds the county receives through a tobacco master settlement, and a committee selected the recipients of the settlement funds, according to a news release from the county. Most of it is going to support mental health services in Denton County.
The funding was approved for the following organizations:
- Children’s Advocacy Center: $71,000
- CASA of Denton County: $58,000
- Christian Community Action: $4,404
- Denton County Friends of the Family: $25,000
- Health Services of North Texas: $29,000
- Denton County MHMR Center: $1.31 million
- PediPlace: $41,000
- SPAN Inc.: $94,828