The Flower Mound Foundation is holding a contest to design a new logo for The Flower Mound native grass area.
The Mound was created some 66 to 144 million years ago during the Cretaceous Period. Once the oceans receded from this region of Texas, The Mound towered some 50 feet above the adjoining Blackland Prairie.
The Mound exists today as it did for hundreds of years and when the first pioneers settled this region of Texas in the 1850’s.
The Mound has never had a plow in it or a permanent structure built on it. The same Bluestem, Indian Grass, Switch Grass and Wildflowers grow there as they did when Buffalo and Antelope grazed them. It is one of the last remaining pieces of unaltered Blackland Prairie.
The Flower Mound Foundation received the deed to the Mound on July 25, 1983, and celebrates its 30th year of existence this year. This anniversary marks the assurance that The Mound will not be developed and will survive in perpetuity as one of the last remaining examples of natural Blackland Prairie.
The mission of the Foundation is to preserve the original character of The Flower Mound and to sponsor works of related historic, scientific, and educational interest.
The Foundation has a Facebook page for the Mound at www.FaceBook.com/TheFlowerMound and is currently designing a website where the new logo will be utilized. The logo will also be utilized for letterhead, social media, signs, merchandise, and for any other purpose the Foundation deems necessary.
Three prizes will be awarded:
• $200 cash for First Place
• $100 cash for Second Place
• $50 cash for Third Place
• The logo is open to all individuals that are legal residents of the State of Texas and agree to the rules of the contest.
• The contest ends at 11:59 pm, June 22, 2013. Winners are to be selected in early July, and will be notified by email.
• The logo is open to any design, but must contain ‘The Flower Mound’ in one version, and another version with ‘The Flower Mound Foundation’ (variant version).
• Judges will be selected by the Foundation Board and may include Foundation Board members.
• The Foundation reserves the right to reject any or all logo designs, alter any design, or combine elements of logo designs.
• See the ‘Official Rules’ for more details at: http://rheudasilfarms.com/?p=564