Argyle Police Blotter

The following is a summary of incident reports recently made to the Argyle Police Department as compiled by the staff of The Cross Timbers Gazette:

Police investigated a report of a vehicle driving through the grass behind Argyle Middle School with its occupants yelling and screaming.

An officer spotted a cement deer lying on the side of Gibbons Road.  The officer believed that it was the same lawn ornament that was reported stolen recently from a residence on Rolling Acres Drive.

A resident in the 200 block of North Gibbons Road said that one of her neighbors had their music turned up so loud that she could not get to sleep.  An officer found the source of the racket and addressed the issue.

Police responded to a disturbance in the 300 block of Redbud Street after a woman called to report that her sister was slamming doors and tried to lock their mother in a room.  The subject drove off before police arrived.

A concerned mother called police to report that she found her 18-year-old son in possession of a suspicious green leafy substance.  He told her that it was just a cigar, but she believed it might be some type of narcotic.  An officer arrived and the teen said that the item was a mixture of sage and spice.  The officer noted that it had the look and smell of burnt marijuana, however, he had the substance tested and it came back negative for illegal drugs. 

Police assisted Northlake Police at the Dry Creek Ranch Apartments with a large group of teens that were yelling and screaming and appearing as if they were about to get into a fight.  The crowd broke up before police intervention was necessary.

An officer on patrol in Country Lakes spotted a man walking down the street at 1:30 a.m. wearing dark clothing.  The man stated that he couldn’t sleep and was just taking a walk. 

A woman in the 900 block of Stonecrest Road was concerned because the out of state workers laying asphalt on her property only provided a mobile phone number and refused to give their address or leave a contract with warranty information. They told the woman that they were licensed and bonded, but could not provide their licensing number, so she only gave them a partial payment.  The contractor became angry and said that he could and rip up all the asphalt when he comes back to collect the rest of the payment.  The woman was told to contact police if any issues arose upon their return.

Police responded to a domestic disturbance after a verbal argument escalated between a woman and her son.  The 22-year-old man was being treated for depression and ADHD and his mother wanted him to check into an institution.  Police arrived and he agreed to leave the property and to get permission before returning.

A representative at the Argyle Church of Christ reported a dead deer in the front yard of the church that may have been hit by a car.  The Animal Control Officer was notified.

The principal of Argyle High School called police to report that he discovered a video that was taken illegally in a locker room. 

A resident in the 400 block of Santa Fe Trail reported an unruly solicitor who cursed at him when he asked to see the man’s town-issued solicitation permit.   

Police assisted Northlake Police on a noisy disturbance at the Chadwick Apartments after a caller reported hearing a male and female yelling, screaming and slapping each other.

A resident in the 600 block of Partridge Road found a dead dog in her pool.  She was referred to Animal Control to remove the animal.

A woman walked into the impound lot of a towing company on Stonecrest Road, got into a car that had been sitting in the lot for the past month, locked the doors, and proceeded to remove items from the vehicle.  When questioned by the attendant, she said that she is the owner of the vehicle.  The attendant said the woman took one item out of the car and put it into her shoe, which he believed was drugs.  The woman even removed the license plates and then took off in a pickup truck with another man and woman before police could arrive.

Police took a call from a Crawford Road resident about a solicitor going door to door with leftover asphalt offering to pave driveways.  The solicitor left before police arrived.

A concerned neighbor in Country Lakes called police after finding a crying 2-year-old boy in his pajamas standing inside the open garage of a house at 8 a.m.  The neighbor rang the doorbell and a man answered wearing only a towel and said he had just gotten out of the shower.  Police visited the residence to check on the child’s welfare.

An officer observed a red Toyota sedan with a headlight out swerving all over I-35W.  During a traffic stop, the driver said she was on her way home from work and was extremely tired.

A census worker came to the police station to alert them in advance because she was going to visit a residence on East Harpole.  Previous contacts between the census worker and the resident had been confrontational and she anticipated the resident would call 911 upon her arrival.

Police took a call from a woman who said that she was just chased by a skunk near the intersection of 377 and Old Town Boulevard.  She stated that she had to “run for her life” and wanted to make someone aware of it because she thought the skunk might be rabid. 

An officer spotted a man dumping rose bushes into the trash behind PointBank on Hwy 377 after dark.  The man said that he had permission from one of the Old Town business owners to do so. 

A motorist on I-35W reported seeing a man wearing a hard hat and fluorescent vest slumped over in a golf cart in the median of the highway.  An officer checked and found that the man was just leaning over working on something. 

An officer driving by an unoccupied house on River Meadows Lane in Country Lakes noticed that the front door was open.  Upon investigation, he found a neighbor inside the house.  The woman stated that the front door was locked, but she knew the code and wanted to show the house to her friends.  She was told not to enter the house without permission.

The owner of a restaurant on Country Club Road asked police to keep a close eye on his business after he had to fire an employee who became upset with him. 

A woman called the police department to ask about how she should have handled a road rage incident that occurred a week earlier in the Argyle Post office parking lot.  The woman stated that she yelled at the driver of another vehicle in Denton and the driver began cussing at her.  She became upset and followed the man into the post office parking lot.  The woman was advised by police not to stop and yell at people because it causes more problems and instead call 911 if it happens again. 

Police responded to a report of three young men in a pickup truck driving on FM 407 throwing hard boiled eggs into traffic. 

A woman who was house-sitting at a residence in the 900 block of East Harpole called police at 4:30 a.m. and said she thought she heard somebody walking on the roof.  Police were unable to find any signs of a prowler.

The police department was notified by a Rolling Acres Drive resident that her German Shepherd bit the pizza delivery person on her thigh.  The victim was at the emergency room being treated at the time of the call and the animal control officer was notified.

A resident on Wood Drive filed a noise complaint against his neighbor who was playing loud music through a public address system in his backyard.

Police took a 911 call from a motorist after a female occupant in his vehicle allegedly threatened to kill herself.  An officer located the vehicle and the woman denied making a suicidal statement and refused assistance.

A woman in the 6500 block of Ridgecrest called po
lice to report that her 17-year-old son was punched in the head by her next door neighbor while he was emptying the trash in front of her house.  She said that the two were just talking and the suspect suddenly starting swinging his fist at her son. 

An East Collins Street resident called police after his wife told him that a representative from a tree trimming service came to their house while he was at work and offered to cut down a dead tree in his backyard.  The homeowner was worried because his wife works from home by herself and he did not like it that someone had been scoping out his property.  The solicitor was described as a 45-year-old white male, about 6 feet tall with no teeth and driving a white pickup truck.


Originally published in the June & July 2012 issues of The Cross Timbers Gazette

Related Articles

Popular This Week