Denton Independent School District’s Adopt-A-School program is planning a Young Artists Night tonight to honor all first-place winners in a recent art competition.
At 5:30 p.m. at Meridian Bank Texas in Denton, winners will receive a book including their artwork which will also be in all Denton ISD elementary school libraries, according to a news release.
Fourth- and fifth-grade students created essays and artwork for the contest on “Why is Denton ISD the place to be?” At least three winners were selected from each grade at all Denton ISD elementary campuses. Six students were chosen from each grade level as district winners.
Those winning the competition were given trophies for their accomplishments at their campuses in December. The following winners are students who attend Denton ISD elementary schools in Lantana.
A fourth-grade district art winner from Southern Denton County is Sydney Wall, fourth place, Blanton Elementary.
Fifth grade district art winners from Southern Denton County are: Allison Lander, first place, Adkins Elementary; Dayani Valencia, second place, Evers Park Elementary; Bryan Soto.
Fourth-grade school art winners from Southern Denton County include:
• Adkins: Kate Duncan, first place; Jack Krebs, second place; Garrett Hunt, third place.
• Blanton: Sydney Wall, first place; Moriah Offner, second place; Jackson Gilkey, third place.
• E.P. Rayzor: Ellie Lowery, first place; Alivia Christensen, second place; Jude Bourque, third place.
Fifth-grade school art winners from Southern Denton County include:
• Adkins: Allison Lander, first place; Carson Rosckes, second place; Braedyn Cunningham, third place.
• Blanton: Addie Allen, first place; Kate McIntosh, second place; Emma Martin, third place.
• E.P. Rayzor: Avery Perry, first place; Julia Quigley, second place; Thetu Mwaniki, third place.