Argyle Police Blotter – Nov. 2014

Post Ad – Top

The following is a summary of incident reports recently made to the Argyle Police Department as compiled by the staff of The Cross Timbers Gazette:

A woman in the 6000 block of Ridgecrest Drive called police stating someone called and told her she had a criminal warrant for her arrest for the amount of $262 from a check cashing company. The caller said the Argyle Police Department would come pick her up if she didn’t pay. The name given, Mike Brown, is the same one used in other telephone scams, accordi ng to police.

A driver called Argyle police to report a man carrying a gasoline can was approaching vehicles in the 400 block of Hwy 377, forcing cars to swerve to avoid hitting the man.

Police were called to the 500 block of South I-35W on a motorist assist. When they arrived, they foundthe owner of the car asleep in the backseat. He told police he was traveling to Oklahoma and pulled over to get some rest.

A woman in the 600 block of FM 407 called police to report a truck driving around the pasture near her property. She indicated they were driving around with their lights off. Police made contact with the individuals in the truck and found out they are leasing the pasture nearby and were prepping to move
animals onto the property.

A caller reported seeing a man and woman jump a fence to get to a horse pasture in the 300 block of FM 407. When police talked to the couple, the man said he knew the code to the fence lock but did not feel like opening it. He opened the lock to demonstrate to police that he knew the code.

Police were called to a residence regarding forgery/fraud. The woman reported some packages were missing. She was advised to contact the postal inspector since the items never came to her house. She also told police someone from Illinois had placed a forwarding address on her house.

Police responded to a two-vehicle accident at Hwy 377 and W. Harpole Road with one car in flames on the railroad tracks. Officials contacted Union Pacific to stop the train and called for mutual assistance from the Argyle Fire Department as well as ambulance service from Denton. Officers shutdown both north and south lanes on Hwy 377. The car, which was completely burned, was removed from the tracks, debris cleared and train operations were resumed in just over an hour. No major injuries were reported.

A woman called police to report a vehicle racing up and down John Paine Road at Crawford Road for at least 10 minutes. The caller told police she couldn’t see the vehicle from where she was calling.

A resident in the 100 block of Pecan Acres Lane reported someone took a saddle from her barn.

Police were called on a report that a kitten in a box on the patio of a restaurant in the 400 block of U.S. Highway 377 had bitten a manager on the index finger. EMS was contacted to review the bite, which was believed to be superficial. Animal control was called to pick up the kitten but dispatch reports the “suspect has escaped custody” and “remains at large.”

A resident reported a burglary in the 1600 block of Harpole Road, telling police it was believed to have been a family member who had just been kicked out of the house.

A resident in the 200 block of Oregon Trail reported someone called and left a voice message threatening to kill her. Though she believed it was a prank call, she wanted to report it to police.

Police responded to a call from a bank on Old Town Boulevard regarding caution tape put up all around the bank from a tree to a mailbox and from two trees to the door. It was unknown who was responsible for the prank.

A caller reported hitting a large deer at the 77 mile marker on I-35W at 3:30 a.m. when returning from work. The caller told police later that his vehicle was damaged enough that it was overheating and had to be towed back to his house. He asked police to check the area for the deer as he believed it might be injured.

Police responded to a caller in the parking lot of a liquor store in the 1200 block of FM 407 who reported that a man tried to attack him with a shovel. The caller told police the man was staring at him and spies on him and that he has had a problem with people spying on him. He told police that he was passing through town and had stopped at the location where the man told him he “has had a problem with him [the caller] for a long time.” The caller said he had not seen the man before. The caller then changed his story, indicating that there was a man who had pulled a shotgun on him earlier. The caller told dispatch that people “have a grudge against him and want him to get into trouble.” The caller then told dispatch he had seen the individuals before and they spy on
him. The caller stayed in the vehicle and put his hands on top of the steering wheel until police arrived.

A neighbor at Redbud Street and Oak Drive called reporting screams and loud music but told police he was unsure which house it was coming from. When police arrived, they determined it was a Halloween party for 10-year-old.

About The Author

Related posts