Lee Walker Government Center to open soon
In a few short weeks, we will be celebrating the opening of the Lee Walker Government Center at 190 N. Valley Parkway in Lewisville.
This building, designed similar to the Precinct 3 Government Center, sits directly across the street with a new pavilion.
The facility will provide ample space for the southern branch of the Denton County Health Department as well as the Women, Infants and Children program and juvenile probation.
The Precinct 3 Government Center houses the Commissioner’s office and staff as well as offices providing services from the Department of Public Safety, Justice of the Peace, Tax Assessor-Collector, County Clerk, Veterans Services, Constable and the Community Supervision and Corrections.
Together, these two facilities provide Lewisville area residents with the county services they need.
We look forward to the grand opening. Look for an invitation to join us in your local newspaper or on social media.
New Flower Mound Town Hall to open soon
Construction of the 46,000-square-foot Flower Mound Town Hall is nearing completion at FM 1171 and Morriss Road.
Staff expect to move in during the first week in December with a ribbon cutting and the town’s first council meeting in the new facility set for Monday, Dec. 17. The ribbon cutting is at 5:30 p.m.
We hope to see you there!
Register for the Candlelight Tour of Homes
The Women of Flower Mound non-profit organization will host a Candlelight Tour of Homes on Thursday evening, December 13. Check-in begins at 5:30 p.m. at Bridlewood Golf Club, 4000 West Windsor Drive, where guests will receive maps and a tinsel ticket, qualifying them to win a gift basket valued around $1,000.
Three estate size homes are featured on this year’s tour, beautifully decorated for the holidays. Guests will be greeted at each home by Flower Mound High School acapella choirs singing Christmas Carols.
Proceeds will benefit the Women of Flower Mound Scholarship Fund. Last year, WOFM awarded three $4,000 scholarships to local high school seniors.
Ticket costs and other details are available at www.womenofflowermound.org.
Two new major companies arrive in Flower Mound, Lewisville
Last month, we celebrated the arrival and ribbon cutting of two major companies in Flower Mound and Lewisville.
Thirty-One Gifts announced plans to ramp up a 651,000-square-foot distribution center that will bring 650 jobs to Denton County.
The direct-sales company is moving its distribution center from Ohio due to its central location, proximity to all modes of transportation and the feel of the area, according to Founder and CEO Cindy Monroe.
The new distribution center is located at 951 Garden Ridge Boulevard in Flower Mound.
Thirty-One Gifts offers purses, bags, totes and accessories through independent sales consultants. In addition, the company is committed to giving back to the community, Monroe said.
Also in November, Lewisville welcomed the opening of Mary Kay’s new research and development and manufacturing facility. The global company invested more than $100 million to build the 470,000-square-foot building that will house 650 employees.
The new facility sits at Denton Tap Road and Oak Bend with enough room to grow as Mary Kay continues to broaden its reach around the world. Currently, it serves 35 markets across the globe.
Mary Kay officials also dedicated their 1 millionth tree at the facility as part of their initiative on world reforestation. As part of their commitment to giving back, officials presented a $50,000 check to the Denton County Friends of the Family.
Consider giving to your favorite charities
Speaking of a commitment to giving back, now is the perfect time to donate to your favorite charity. Each dollar counts as area service agencies work to assist others in need, especially as Denton County continues to grow.
There are many wonderful charities from which to choose. And, remember, a donation this month means you can write it off for taxes due next year.
Area holiday events
Several holiday events are still occurring in the area including:
- Lighting up the Season from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Dec. 1 at 212 Main St. in Lake Dallas
- A Shady Shores Christmas from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Dec. 1 at the Shady Shores Community Center, 101 Shady Shores Road
- Old Town Holiday Stroll from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Dec. 1 at the Wayne Ferguson Plaza in Lewisville
- Breakfast with Santa from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 1 at the Community Activity Center at 1200 Gerault in Flower Mound
- Gingerbread house decorating from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 1 at the Community Activity Center at 1200 Gerault in Flower Mound
- The annual tree lighting in Corinth from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Dec. 3 at Corinth City Hall
- 2018 Tree Lighting from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Dec. 7 at the Hickory Creek Town Hall with movies, snacks, face painting, train, photos with Santa, music and more
- The annual Flower Mound Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting Ceremony from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Dec. 8 along Spinks Road to Gerault Park where a tree lighting ceremony and other events will occur
- Christmas at the Ranch on Dec. 8 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Doubletree Ranch Park, 310 Highland Village Road, in Highland Village
- Santa Paws from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 9 at the Lake Dallas Animal Shelter
- Christmas at the Cabin from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 15 at LLELA, 201 E. Jones St., in Lewisville.
This holiday season, we want to wish you and your friends and family a safe, happy and healthy time making memories. After all, those precious memories with those you love are the most important part of life.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
If you have any questions or comments, please let me hear from you. My email is email@example.com and my office number is 972-434-4780.