When Jeff Whittaker announced in March that he was running for Flower Mound Town Council – Place 1, no one could have been more pleased than myself, not only due to Jeff’s numerous accomplishments, but mostly because he possesses the high moral standards and untarnished character that I want to see in our community leaders.
Jeff currently serves as Commissioner, Town of Flower Mound Planning and Zoning Commission; Board Member, Texas Health Resources Presbyterian Hospital Board; Treasurer and Board Member, Lewisville Independent School District’s Education Foundation; and is also a current member of both the Flower Mound and Lewisville Chambers of Commerce through his local CPA practice. He also has prior service on the Town’s Community Development Board and Friends of the Flower Mound Library, and served as a mentor to two children and advisor to Communities in Schools of North Texas.
Due to Jeff’s current and past service to the many different and diverse boards, it is a logical progression to further serve our community as Town Councilmember to see the fruition of the Town’s ongoing initiatives:
• Quality economic development that is the correct fit for our community and that will lower the tax base of our citizens, while always sustaining the vision of the Town’s MasterPlan.
• Construction of new parks and trails to ensure that Flower Mound continues to be one of the more aesthetic and desirable communities to live and play in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
• Continued oversight of the current road construction and improvements to completion. Closely monitor water and waste water management to ensure that the Town’s infrastructure continues to move parallel in relation to population growth.
• Enhanced regulation of oil and gas activities to ensure that the residents of Flower Mound and our neighboring communities are always safe and that there are no hazardous health and/or environmental impacts from drilling operations by mandating vapor recovery on all wells and no-bleed pneumatic valves.
• Tree beautification for the major gateway roads into and throughout our wonderful community to make an indelible impression on residents and visitors alike.
• Review of the Town’s agreement with the Upper Trinity Water District; bring greater representation from Flower Mound to their board; ensure that we get the best rates for our water; and not pay for the completion of Ralph Hall Reservoir if Flower Mound residents do not reap any benefit.
• Work cohesively with Town management to ensure a fiscally conservative system of checks and balances.
If you want a candidate who is has a proven record of service to his community, is honest and intelligent, and has always displayed strong character without question, please join me in voting for Jeff Whittaker for Town Council – Place 1.
Flower Mound, TX