Lewisville ISD will host several upcoming meetings about proposed school boundary changes.
In May 2017, Lewisville ISD voters approved a $737 million bond package referendum that included plans to replace the current College Street Elementary with a new elementary campus on Mill Street, and it also called for the retirement of Hedrick Elementary to facilitate the construction of the new Hedrick Middle School, according to a district news release. The district says both of these projects will require current school boundary line adjustments that may affect a Flower Mound school.
The district is proposing Hedrick Elementary students will attend either Degan Elementary, Parkway Elementary or Vickery Elementary (located in Flower Mound). The district is also proposing for some current students from Lewisville Elementary and Central Elementary to attend the district’s new elementary school being built on Mill Street, according to the district.
To help the community learn more about these new boundary line proposals as well as provide an opportunity for public input, the LISD Board of Trustees will hold three public feedback meetings. In addition, LISD Administration will hold four informational meetings.
LISD Board of Trustees | Public Feedback Meetings
- Saturday, Oct. 20 at 10 a.m. at Hedrick Elementary (Spanish and Chin interpreters available)
- Saturday, Oct. 20 at 1 p.m. at Lewisville Elementary (Spanish interpreter available)
- Saturday, Oct. 20 at 3 p.m. at Central Elementary (Spanish interpreter available)
LISD Administration | Informational Meetings
- Monday, Oct. 22 at 6:30 p.m. at Central Elementary (Spanish interpreter available)
- Thursday, Oct. 25 at 6 p.m. at College Street Elementary (Spanish interpreter available)
- Monday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m. at Vickery Elementary (Spanish interpreter available)
- Thursday, Nov. 1 at 6:30 p.m. at Parkway Elementary (Spanish interpreter available)
All meetings are open to the public. If you are unable to attend a meeting held at or near your home campus, you may attend any meeting that is most convenient for you.
Click here for more information.