With so many candidates running for election to local offices it’s difficult to schedule them all for interviews before Election Day on May 5th. Nevertheless, I’ll continue to provide the voters in the community with as much info as possible in order to help them make a discerning choice. My interview guest today is Steve Dixon, who has run for office before, having been elected twice to 2 different Flower Mound Council positions. Mr. Dixon, owner of Health Plan Finders and AMG Insurance Inc., is currently running for the office of Flower Mound Mayor. In the video interview he answers questions about the financial stability of the town, the River Walk, Lakeside and several other issues.
The following is a list of his past service:
• Flower Mound Town Council, Place 1 (2009-2011)
• Deputy Mayor Pro Tem (2009-2010)
• Flower Mound Town Council, Place 4 (2012-2016)
• Mayor Pro Tem (2013-2016)
• Flower Mound Planning & Zoning Commission (2004-2009)
• SMARTGrowth Commission
• Flower Mound Mixed Use Steering Committee
• Economic Development Advisory Committee
• Citizens Budget Partners Committee
• Capital Improvement Advisory Committee
• Citizens Police Academy Graduate 2009
• Chamber of Commerce Served on Executive and General Board
• Graduate of Flower Mound Chamber Leadership 2007
• Graduate of Flower Mound Chamber Advanced Leadership 2009
• Owner www.HealthPlanFinders.com & AMG Insurance Inc.
For more info on Steve Dixon: www.facebook.com/dixonforflowermound
Bob Weir is a former NYPD officer, long-time Flower Mound resident and former local newspaper editor.