Flower Mound murder suspect admits to thoughts about harming victim prior to shooting

UPDATE 5: A fund has been set up for the Fink children, whose mother, Aide Fink, was shot and killed in her home on Sept. 25. This money will help the surviving family member who has taken custody of the three children to pay for the extra expenses of their care.

Checks should be made payable to: The Fink Children
All donations can be dropped off locally or mailed in to BBVA Compass Bank at:
BBVA Compass
2631 Cross Timbers Road
Flower Mound, TX 75028

Flower Mound residents gathered at Glenwick Park Sunday evening to remember the 50-year-old woman who died Thursday from gunshot wounds. Her estranged husband, Daniel Fink, 40, remains in Denton County Jail on a charge of murder with bond set at $1 million.


Aide Fink, 50, was found with multiple gunshot wounds after police arrived at her home in the 3300 block of Heather Glen Drive in Glenwick Estates at around 12:20 a.m. Thursday when the woman’s 16-year-old son called 911.

The couple’s three children are expected to be heading to San Antonio for their mother’s funeral, according to a Facebook post. Several residents are planning to also go to the funeral and are accepting gift cards to take to the the family. Residents also hope to set up a bank account for them.

According to a probable cause affidavit, the son, who told police the suspect was not living at the house on Heather Glen, described hearing what appeared to be a telephone conversation  and then heard the alarm being set by his mother. Soon after, he heard his mother talking inside the house with whom he believed was the suspect, according to the affidavit. The young man told police he heard his mother scream, shots being fired and the house alarm activated.

Upon their arrival, officers found the victim face down in an office inside the home and, while administering first aid, noted multiple gunshot wounds to her torso, according to the affidavit which also revealed that the officer also noted multiple shell casings believed to belong to a .380 pistol in and around the office area.

Aide Fink was taken to a hospital where she later died.

According to the affidavit, the suspect, who waived his rights both verbally and in writing, admitted “he was having thoughts of harming the victim prior to the 25th. Suspect stated he approached the victim’s residence and parked his vehicle away from the house to avoid detection. Suspect stated he approached on foot and placed blue latex gloves on his hands before entering the residence. Suspect stated he discarded said gloves at his hotel in Irving.”

The suspect told police he had fled the scene in his 2003 Mitsubishi Spyder, which according to the son made a distinctive noise which he heard leaving the house.

Aide Fink, who was going through a divorce, had been scheduled to attend a divorce hearing Thursday.

Three children ranging in age from 7 to 16 years of age were in the residence at the time of the shooting. The children are in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Flower Mound officials noted in a news release that Daniel Fink is currently employed by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection section of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

In addition, records show prior calls to the address regarding the Finks were handled by police though no charges or criminal offenses were determined to have occurred.

In the news release, Flower Mound officials thanked the Texas Rangers, the Texas Department of Public Safety, the Denton County Sheriff’s Office and the Flower Mound Fire Department for their assistance in the incident.



Related Articles

Popular This Week