Sunday, September 25, 2022

Kidnapped Double Oak woman found unharmed

A 54-year-old Double Oak woman who was kidnapped early Thursday on her way home from work after a traffic accident near Lantana has been found safe in West Texas.

On Thursday, Dec. 16, at approximately 1:30 a.m. Eileen Loskot was returning home from working in Dallas when her 2004 Infiniti was struck by another car at the intersection of FM 407 and Simmons Rd. in Double Oak.

Police said that Loskot contacted her husband via cellphone and left a voicemail message.  During the recording of the message Loskot was rushed by three adult males who forced their way into her car.  It was apparent from the voicemail that Loskot had been taken against her will, according to police.

Two of the men accompanied Loskot and had her withdraw money from ATM’s in Cedar Hill, TX, some 40 miles south of Double Oak.

Cell phone records placed Loskot in the Double Oak area at 1:32 a.m.  Loskot’s husband, Gary, listened to his wife’s voicemail at approximately 6:30 a.m. on Thursday when he woke up and immediately notified police.

During the course of the investigation it was determined by police that a traffic stop of a blue 1993 Toyota Celica, conducted by Double Oak Police Officer Blake Ringberg on Thursday at 1:40 a.m., had been for one of the suspects involved with the kidnapping.

Officer Ringberg had issued a warning citation for Failure To Maintain a Single Lane of Traffic and that information was later used to track the suspect to a Dallas address.

On Thursday at approximately 11:45 p.m. Texas Ranger Sergeant Tracy Murphree notified the Double Oak Police Department that Loskot had been located unharmed in Vega, TX.  During the course of the day the suspects had transported Loskot through Texas and into New Mexico where they released her unharmed.

Investigating Officers with the Denton County Sheriff’s Department, Texas Rangers, Dallas Police Department, and Double Oak Police Department coordinated an investigation which resulted in the arrest of Dallas resident Matthew Aaron Casaus, 23, for Aggravated Kidnapping.  Casaus has confessed to his role in the kidnapping of Loskot.  The investigation into the identity of the other two suspects is ongoing.

Double Oak Police Chief Derrick Watson said it appears that Loskot was targeted at random.

More community reaction and discussion here.

Related Articles

Popular This Week