The purpose of my comments is to lead to a better Bartonville. To that end, Bartonville needs its elected officials to use the powers and duties of office to lead to a better Bartonville, not to achieve any personal agenda, interest, vendetta or will.
The Oath of Office swears to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States, the State of Texas, and the ordinances of the Town of Bartonville.
Section 22.042(c) of the Texas Local Government Code states that “the mayor shall give to the governing body any information, and shall recommend to the governing body any measure, that relates to improving the finances, police, health, security, cleanliness, comfort, ornament, or good government of the municipality.”
It is poor judgment and unethical stewardship/governance to:
• Dishonor the Oath of Office by using the granted powers and duties of office for social dominance rather than effective leadership;
• Disrespect the trust of our voting citizens by misusing the resources of our Town to the detriment of Bartonville;
• Discredit the spirit of the laws of the State of Texas and the ordinances of the Town of Bartonville by using the powers and duties of office for questionable purposes that are cloaked in closed or executive session and non-public exchanges.
Perhaps you too wonder … why such poor judgment and unethical stewardship/governance? A better Bartonville needs better.
Accordingly, it is my firm belief that it is good judgment and ethical stewardship/governance to ask this council to hold a Public Forum to discuss and consider the following matters in fairness, honesty, and full disclosure of conflicts of interest:
1. Honoring the Oath of Office by using the powers and duties of office for effective leadership;
2. Respecting the trust of our voting citizens by using the resources of our Town to the betterment of Bartonville;
3. Upholding the spirit of the laws of the State of Texas and the ordinances of the Town of Bartonville by using the powers and duties of office for purposes fully disclosed, vetted and supported by the majority of our concerned or voting citizens.
It is also my firm belief that good judgment and ethical stewardship/governance are vital to:
• Uphold our Code of Ordinances
• Maintain our Tax Rate and Balanced Budget
• Maintain our Police Department and Administrative Staff
• Maintain our Roads and Rural Environment
• Shape our Land Use and Zoning
It is imperative that the Town of Bartonville be supported by leadership, services, ordinances, and communication appropriate to sustaining its rural environment, its quality of life, and its superior property values – the unique common objectives desired and enjoyed by all our citizens.
If our Town motto is to remain: “Preserving the Past, Preparing for the Future,” your good judgment and ethical stewardship/governance are needed to help make it so.
Thank you for your consideration.