Common Sense Al wrote:UPDATE: Saw it! Pretty cool... wasn't as bright as I was expecting and almost missed it but it was there.
tech wrote:My series of thoughts as it was happening....
1. Oh whats that?...
2. Is that a plane?
3. No.. too high, too small, moving too fast, has to be it.
4. Need to take a picture...
5. Find it in the view finder - manually focus
6. Click ... damn shutter speed too slow
7. Try to hold still, waiting waiting waiting, finally
8. Look at pic, looks like crap get blinded by the camera display light in process
9. Where did it go?, I can't see a thing
10. Wonder if Al saw it
Common Sense Al wrote:I was also wondering if anyone else around here was trying to see it and if anyone would see me out here and wonder what the heck I was doing.
admin wrote:Lantana Crime Watch prob thought you were about to throw a jar of some sort of condiments on someone's car.
Common Sense Al wrote:I saw it again yesterday night and had a better experience. It wasn't as cloudy and it got brighter. It was also higher in the sky. It was interesting to see it dim out and then be gone while it was still pretty high in the sky.
Tonight looks like it could be even better, supposedly lasting for 4 minutes.
Rosemary wrote:I haven't heard anything about it until this thread. At what time and where in the sky will it be visible tonight? Thanks.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests