Rapid Med Urgent Care Center 972-966-1980

Verizon imposter

General discussion relating to Lantana.

Moderators: Al-La-Mod, admin

Verizon imposter

Postby esemerson » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:27 pm

So I hear that someone is walking the streets of Lantana posing as a Verizon employee. Basically going from house to house and if he finds someone home he uses a case of mistaken address and leaves.

I actually ran into this person on my street and he did just that. When this happened I had not yet heard the imposter rumor.

Does anyone know anything about this?

If I see this again I plan to just call the cops and let them sort it out.
esemerson

Postby admin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks for the tip. I e-mailed Lindy (Lantana Crime Watch Capt.) about this.
CrossTimbersGazette.com Admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby Lindy Fisher Crime Watch » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:36 pm

Thanks guys! No- I have not personally heard of this from the Crime Watch Captains nor have I experienced it for myself. I am glad that it is now posted so we can all be on the lookout. That's kind if strange- since when did Verizon have to resort from going "door-to-door?" Thanks for the tip... I will pass this along to the Crime Watch team.

Sincerely,

Lindy Fisher
Lindy Fisher Crime Watch
Old Timer

Postby esemerson » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 pm

Lindy Fisher Crime Watch wrote:Thanks guys! No- I have not personally heard of this from the Crime Watch Captains nor have I experienced it for myself. I am glad that it is now posted so we can all be on the lookout. That's kind if strange- since when did Verizon have to resort from going "door-to-door?" Thanks for the tip... I will pass this along to the Crime Watch team.

Sincerely,

Lindy Fisher

When Verizon FIOS came to Lantana they did door to door sign ups but I have not seen them here since.

The more I think about the encounter I had the more I am regretting not paying attention. I intercepted the guy in my driveway and he said he was looking for a house that was across and down the street. It just didn't register at the time.

I would urge everyone to be on the lookout and keep some exterior lights on after dark.
esemerson

Postby Common Sense Al » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:56 pm

I'll try to take a photo if I see something.
Now THAT'S common sense.
Common Sense Al
King of the Block

Return to Lantana