skiing1974 wrote:On the other hand, for my dear friend CCR, what would you change and put in place and take out if you were running the land to put it back to where it was and how would you address the fact that population isn't the same as it was back then, starting with us damn immigrants who came and certainly contributed in all positive and negative ways to change the land? I
I've been rather hard on you lately, Skiing Slavic Immigrant. Thanks for posting your question the way you did.
Please keep in mind that the Founding Fathers were folks who benefitted from thousands of years of history, and came to their conclusions based on that history. They were well-read in classical literature, and therefore understood the nature of man, and the limits of politics.
Uther makes a good point, although he struggles to make a good, tight, concise argument. I think I get his point though - what is the ideal point in the past that we ought to go back to? How about to 1830 when Africans were enslaved? Was that an ideal era? I think that is what he had in mind, and yes, given human frailty, one would fail to find a perfect point in time save perhaps one: A. D. 33 or thereabouts.
I am very skeptical of those who push for Utopia here on Earth. Utopia means no place, and that is why those who seek heaven on Earth tend to bring only such things as the concentration camp, the gulag archipelago, and the Chinese laogai.
I can offer some suggestions as to what we ought to seek as a nation. Those things are:
- A recognition of the sanctity of human life. If humans can decide what is human life, then human life will soon be degraded.
- A return to the belief that the Constitution actually means what it says. A recogntition of the Bill of Rights as being inviolate. A complete and total abandonment of the idea that the Constitution has "penumbras."
- An firm resolve to rid the US of Marxist ideas - a complete and total purging of Academe of Marxist professors and the ideas they are pushing that are contrary to our ideas as a people. The Marxist ideas are not consistent with our founding. They are foreign ideas that have failed whenever and whereever they have been tried. They are anti-human, and anti-Christian. They are based on the failed idea that we can achieve heaven on Earth. Marxism is the modern day equivalent of the Tower of Babel.
- A return to self-reliance. Too many modern Americans are pathetic drones dependent on the State. That is NOT what America is about, and will end badly.
- A return to the sanctify of the family as the building block of society - a unique and inviolate institution. Families come about through procreation. Procreation can only take place when a man and a women engage in sexual congress. Homosexual "marriage" is an infertile farce, and is not only contrary to the laws of God, but also contrary to the laws of Nature. That much is self-evident, regardless of one's religions inclinations, or lack thereof.
- A return to true free markets - as opposed to the corporatist, rigged game here in the US, that is nothing more than the nexus of big business and big government. How can mankind remain free in such an "economy?" MF Global is a fitting example.
- A return to freedom. We believe we live in a free country, but do we really? Those of us old enough to remember what a free American was like should be appalled by modern America. Whenever I hear the National Anthem, I want to vomit, because I know what Americe was and what America IS. It most certainly is NOT a free country anymore, and the remaining freedoms we have are slipping away at an exponential rate.
- A return to the belief that the State exists to serve the people - not the other way round.
Those are some initial ideas that spring to mind. There are likely more buried in the deep recessess of my aged mind, but the above is a start. I have a grand-daughter whining for attention, so I must say good-night for now.
If any immigrant comes to these shores, and recognizes and appreciates our ideals, he will be welcomed as one of our brethren. If, however, any immigrant comes to our shores and denigrates our ideas, and works to overthrow what is the last great hope of humanity, then he should be recognized for the threat that he is and should be attacked, ridiculed, and ridden out of the country on a rail - even if he is the current occupant of the White House, a bastard brat born to a Kenyan Communist.
Oh, and Sandy Brake - we all belong to one race and it is called mankind or man. Gender is not an issue here. Please put down your current copy of Cosmopolitan and start to read something meaningful. It is not 1978 anymore. Time has moved on and your mindless crap is just pathetic now. No one cares now about such gender oriented mind-candy. Pick up a piece of classical literature and learn something meaningful. Human beings are ALL fallen creatures, whether they have testicles or a vagina. Please spare us the 1970s "I am woman hear me roar" crap. It is even more pathetic than an episode of Oprah.