I just walked around the house and will post some photos soon.
What I found:
* Fences dinged
* Bird feeder busted
* Lots of leaves "shredded" off trees & bushes & other plants
* Missing bark spots from some trees
* Garbage cans blown over
* Broken floodlights
* Dinged gutters, one of mine was also displaced
* Damaged wood frames around windows (minor) & other wood trims that took 'direct hits'
* Community pool furniture blown over
* Hail damage to vehicles (fortunately mine was in the garage)
* One piece of roofing material on the ground, but from my quick roof inspection, it looks OK (but probably needs closer inspection)
* Damage to my rain gauge
As for rain, there was about 3.45" inches in my gauge, but I didn't make sure it was empty before the storm so that's probably inaccurate.
I was watching the radar and it looks like an intense core passed over our area - where it shows white on the radar (I think it is one level off from the highest, which is light gray).
JKTex wrote:Ok Al that's it. Even at 3AM you get great pictures that a lighted like you're in a studio. How in the wold do you do that?
I have one of these:http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Speedlite-5 ... 169&sr=1-1
But it still can be hard to get night good shots.
UPDATE: Forgot to mention, there were still piles of hail around.