Friday, April 19, 2024

Giving back important to Liberty senior

good_kids_braden_garoutteBraden Garoutte is a jack of all trades at Liberty Christian School who thinks it is important to be well-rounded.

A member of the National Honor Society, Key Club, Students Against Destructive Decisions, Student Council, Spanish Club and Debate Club, Garoutte said he enjoys being involved for a couple of reasons.

“I just think it is good to diversify myself a little bit and get involved in the community and give back,” Garoutte said. “I feel like I am a pretty blessed individual. God has given me a lot and I feel it’s my duty to give back and help others that aren’t so fortunate.”

Garoutte, who is also a member of Solar Car Team and Leadership Academy, said what he has enjoyed most about attending Liberty Christian is the world it has opened up to him.

“It honestly has opened up a lot of opportunities for me and just the learning environment has really prepared me for college,” Garoutte said. “It’s prepped me on my time management and opened up a lot of doors for connections and opportunities for the future.”

Garoutte said the thing he enjoys the most about living in the generation he does are the acts of kindness he hears about and sees.

“The world isn’t a perfect place by any means,” Garoutte said. “But I love all the stories you hear about people giving back and how one small decision can affect tons of people’s lives. The glimmer of hope that the people can cause by doing things out of the kindness of their heart is touching.”

Garoutte said there is also one major change he would like to see in the world.

“I would like to see no religious conflicts; no fighting between religions,” Garoutte said. “I think that everyone should be able to get along regardless of what religion you are.”

Garoutte has been accepted to several schools including Colorado School of Mines, Texas A&M, Baylor, Purdue and Oklahoma, and plans to major in petroleum engineering.

Garoutte’s Favorites
Favorite Subject: Physics
Person who most inspires you: Elon Musk
Favorite Food: Cheese
Favorite Movie: Step Brothers
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad
Last Book I Read: The Firm
Favorite Musical Group or Performer: Pink Floyd

CTG Staff
CTG Staff
The Cross Timbers Gazette News Department

Related Articles