NOTE: This is an updated review with 4 new pizzas sent on a 2nd delivery. Ratings were improved across the board. I'd say this is because:
* New cooking instructions were used; basically, I cooked the pizza longer and it helped create a crunchier crust and better tasting pizza
* The new cooking instructions said to cook the pizzas from frozen, which I did with the 2nd delivery
* I used butter to oil the pan; previously I used another oil that may have been affecting the taste
* The new pizzas had more sauce, and the sauce seemed to be more flavorful
* The pizzas (overall) were less watery after cooking (notably the pepperoni and sausage). The cheese and veggie were not watery at all.
My favorite is the pepperoni, then the veggie, then the sausage, then the cheese.
The cheese pizza had a good amount of cheese, in fact, all pizzas had a good amount of toppings. The sauce was very important to the flavor. The first pizzas I tried (from the first delivery) seemed to have less sauce and the sauce was less flavorful as well, but this was improved in the pizzas sent with the 2nd delivery.
The sausage pizzas were a bit watery after cooking but did have a good amount of sausage. The cover claims that it "contains 19% sausage".
The veggie with roasted vegetables was surprisingly better than what I expected. It wasn't watery at all and those roasted veggies smelled great while cooking.
What was surprising was their customer service. They found my original review, emailed me about it, and sent me four more pizzas to try again along with some slightly different baking instructions. They were friendly and responsive. I'm going to award a very rare 5 smiley rating for this. The ratings are also based on the "updated" review.
Originally I paid about $100 shipped for 6 of the pizzas, and each feeds about 2, but if you're like me, you may overeat and eat more than 1/2 a pizza at one sitting! These are relatively expensive, but are very good or better when cooked well and when made well with a generous amount of flavorful sauce and other toppings. I suspect quality will vary a bit as the first delivery had a "bland" cheese pizza but the other delivery had more flavorful pizzas.
Lou's cheese deep dish pizza (4 out of 5):
Lou's sausage deep dish pizza (4 out of 5):
Lou's veggie deep dish pizza (4.25 out of 5):
Lou's pepperoni deep dish pizza (4.5 out of 5):
Customer Service (5 out of 5):
Value (3.5 out of 5):
: 1 - poor (rarely given)
: 2 - fair
: 3 - good
: 4 - very good
: 5 - excellent (rarely given)-- Ratings of Various Food Places I've Tried --