A Flower Mound family were the victims of a frightening and extremely dangerous break-in at their home early Tuesday morning and police are warning residents to take precautions.
Police said the family, who lives in the 2400 block of Conroe Court, reported an intruder came into their home through an unlocked door and was found in the kitchen area. The homeowner struggled with the suspect, who then fled through the front door before police arrived on the scene.
An investigation is ongoing and police have collected evidence, including blood, from the scene and are analyzing it now.
The suspect was described as a white male, about 5’10” to 6′ tall, with a slender build. The homeowner said he was wearing a white plastic mask, a black hoodie without any markings, and dark colored pants. He had light colored hair, and may have had glass cuts on his hands, face or arms.
Police are urging residents to take the following steps to ensure their safety at home:
- Set alarms before going to bed, and lock all doors and windows
- Leave an outside light on and make sure the garage door is closed
- Don’t leave any garage remotes in vehicles that are parked outside at night
- Don’t leave valuables in plain sight in a car or home
- Trim bushes and shrubs away from windows and doors
- Padlock all gates
If you have information about this case, please call the FMPD’s anonymous tip line at 972-874-3307 or the non-emergency line at 972-539-0525.
We’ll keep you updated on this story as we learn more information so stay with the CTG.