To encourage residents to take additional measures in protecting their personal property within their homes, the Flower Mound Police Department recently coordinated with local retailers to provide a discount on personal security safes.
“We appreciate these community businesses helping us to keep Flower Mound the safest Town of our size in the state of Texas,” said Police Chief Andy Kancel. “This is a great opportunity for residents to further safeguard their personal property; which, as we all know, is not always replaceable.”
Between May 23 and June 6, the following Flower Mound retailers will be offering discounts on personal safes:
• Academy Sports + Outdoors – 15 percent off any personal security safe
• Dick’s Sporting Goods – Any safe, 20 percent off
• Home Depot – 15 percent off in-store personal safes
• Lowe’s – 10 percent off any in-store personal safe, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Customers must contact Bev at the Commercial Pro Desk and present FMPD Officer Justin Buck’s business card at time of purchase. Flower Mound location only. Officer Buck’s card is available at the front desk of Town Hall, 2121 Cross Timbers Rd., Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.)
• OfficeMax – 15 percent off any in-store personal safe
All discounts at each retailer are valid while supplies last. For more information about the discount personal safe program, please contact FMPD Crime Prevention Officer Justin Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 972-874-3357.