The Lantana Ladies Golf Association will host their Seventh Annual Rally for the Cure Invitational Golf Tournament and Evening Concert on Saturday, Oct. 6, at the Lantana Golf Club.
Last year, the event was ranked second among all golf clubs in the North Texas Susan G. Komen affiliate area by raising a record breaking $27,000 toward breast cancer research, and #7 in the state of Texas out of 158 Rally for the Cure events statewide.
This year, the event will be bigger than ever before with a special concert on the green in the evening for the community. The entire day will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
“Each year, we increase our visibility and raise more funds for Susan G. Komen,” said Kim Schwimmer, chair for Lantana’s 2012 Rally for the Cure. “We are working to raise even more funds this year and make an impact on the fight against breast cancer while hosting a wonderful community event.”
Men and women are invited to play in the tournament that is anticipated to have a full field of 144 players. The tournament includes a continental breakfast, luncheon, awards ceremony and various on-course activities hosted by sponsors.
In addition to the golf tournament, the event will include an evening concert on the green, featuring music by “Emerald City Presents Party Machine” as well as a Taste of Lantana, featuring food tastings by area restaurants. The community is invited to attend the evening event.
The Ladies Golf Association is looking for people to support this event in the following ways:
– Play in the tournament – Open to men and women with shotgun start at 8 a.m.; $95 for LGC members, $125 for guests. To register, call the LGC pro shop at (940) 728-4653, ext. 2.
– Attend the evening Concert on the Green and Taste of Lantana – Join the community event in the evening for $30 per person. Childcare is available at Northstar Academy in Lantana for an hourly fee.
– Sponsor the event – Sponsorship opportunities start at $200.
– Volunteer – Help with tournament set up, check-in, and various activities on event day as well as the evening.
– Decorate your yard – Lantana residents interested in showing their support can decorate their yards with pink on Oct. 6. This will be particularly impactful for those who live on the golf course.
– Make a donation in the amount of your choosing.
To support Rally for the Cure in one of the above ways, contact email@example.com. For additional tournament information, visit www.facebook.com/LantanaRallyfortheCure, or www.Lantanagolf.com/Rally2012.