Denton Independent School District’s new school year begins Monday, Aug. 27 and to help families prepare in advance for the first day of school, all of Denton ISD’s elementary campuses will have specific days set aside to complete the registration process.
All elementary students that registered through the district’s online enrollment process can complete their registration process by verifying their current address from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 2, and Friday Aug. 3. Parents and/or legal guardians can also update health cards, if needed, at this time.
Any current district student who has not registered for the upcoming school year can do so using the Denton ISD online enrollment process found on the district homepage at www.dentonisd.org after Thursday, July 19.
New student registration – which refers to any student who has not attended school in Denton ISD – must be completed at the campus with parents and/or legal guardians providing the following details:
1. Picture ID (Texas DL, State Issued ID, Passport, etc.)
2. Social Security Card (not required but accepted)
3. Birth Certificate
4. Immunizations Record
5. Proof of Residence
6. Entry/Withdrawal form (if applicable)
7. Transcripts (if applicable)
8. Enrollment Card (may download from district website and complete in advance)
9. Health Card (may download from district website and complete in advance)
10. Race/Ethnicity form
11. Standard Residency Questionnaire
12. Home Language Survey
13. Occupational Survey
For additional information or assistance on new student registration, contact Darrell Muncy, director of student support services, at (940) 369-0263.