The Lantana Ladies Golf Association will host the Sixth Annual Rally for the Cure Invitational Golf Tournament on Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011 at the Lantana Golf Club.
Last year, the Lantana Golf Club was the top North Texas Susan G. Komen affiliate by raising a record breaking $20,000 toward breast cancer research, #4 in the state of Texas and in the top 2 percent nationwide out of 3,500 Rally for the Cure events, according to organizers.
“We were more than thrilled to have achieved such a milestone last year,” said Sondra Green, chair for Lantana’s 2011 Rally for the Cure.
“Like last year, we have a very dedicated group of women who are committed to making a difference in our community, and to help the millions of women who are battling breast cancer.”
Both men and women are invited to play in the tournament that is open to the public.
The event, which benefits the Susan G. Komen Foundation, will include a continental breakfast, luncheon and awards ceremony, as well as various contests and fun events throughout the day, such as pre-event warm up taught by instructors from S2S Functional Performance in Bartonville Town Center and on course chair massages from Massage Heights in Flower Mound. Grapes to Wine from Bartonville Town Center will also sponsor the event, as well as Cadillac and Sam Pack’s Ford Country. Breakfast will be sponsored by the Flower Mound location of My Fit Foods.
The Ladies Golf Association is looking for volunteers to support the event in the following ways:
– Play in the tournament – Open to men and women with shotgun start at 8:30 a.m.; $85 for LGC members, $100 for guests. To register, call the LGC pro shop at (940) 728-4653, ext. 2
– Attend only the luncheon – For those who don’t want to golf, they may still attend the luncheon for $25. To RSVP for the luncheon, email LantanaLGA@yahoo.com.
– Sponsor the event – Sponsorship opportunities start at $50. Sponsors will receive one “Member for a Day” card at Lantana Golf Club for every $100 in cash or gift card sponsorship; $25 cart fee not included.
– Volunteer – Non-golfers needed to help with tournament set up, check-in, & various activities on event day.
– Honor a loved one who has been afflicted by cancer – Display their name prominently on a pink ribbon sign that will be placed in the Field of Hope for a $5 donation per sign.
– Join in the “neighborhood challenge” by making a donation on behalf of your neighborhood. The neighborhood with the largest donations will receive special recognition at the event. Will Wimberley & Laviana be able to retain their joint title?
– Decorate your yard – Lantana residents interested in showing their support can decorate their yards with pink on Oct. 15. This will be particularly impactful for those who live on the golf course.
To support Rally for the Cure, contact LantanaLGA@yahoo.com. For additional tournament information, visit www.facebook.com/LantanaRallyfortheCure.