Rotating Leaderboard Ad – Top
Rotating Leaderboard Ad – Top
Rotating Leaderboard Ad – Top
Rotating Leaderboard Ad – Top

Co-Op Prepares for Cold Spell

Post Ad – Top

In preparation for the arctic blast of cold temperatures expected this week, CoServ officials have reviewed their emergency plan and said that they are prepared to respond if weather conditions and demand cause irregular operations.

CoServ Electric and Gas customers can contact CoServ Customer Service during regular business hours (Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at 940-321-7800. Outside of regular business hours, CoServ can be contacted on its toll-free/emergency line at 800-274-4014.

Because temperatures are forecast to fall and stay below freezing through Saturday morning, CoServ will not be disconnecting electric or gas service this week.

Residents who use life-sustaining equipment may qualify for “critical care” status. Notification is provided before any scheduled outages for maintenance or repair. And, during unexpected outages, critical care accounts receive high priority as CoServ restores power. Those with such concerns should contact CoServ at 940-321-7800 or visit coserv.com to determine eligibility.

CoServ offers these guidelines to help you stay safe during winter weather events:

  • Never touch a fallen power line, and assume all wires on the ground are electrically charged. Call 911 and CoServ at (940) 321-7800 to report it immediately. Avoid contact with overhead lines during cleanup and other activities.
  • In the event of an outage, an alternate heating source—such as a fireplace, propane space heater, or wood stove—may be used. Extreme caution should be taken.
  • Plan to stay in an area of the home where the alternate heat source is located.
  • Fuel and wood-burning heating sources should be vented. Be sure to follow manufacturer’s directions.
  • Make sure carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors are working properly.
  • Do not use a gas-powered oven for heating. A gas oven may go out or burn inefficiently, leading to carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Do not use a gas or charcoal grill inside the home. Do not use charcoal briquettes in the fireplace.
  • If you use a portable generator to power a heating source, be sure the generator is located outside your house for proper ventilation. Do not use a generator in an attached garage. Follow manufacturer’s directions for operating the generator.
  • Take special care not to overload a generator. Use appropriately sized extension cords to carry the electric load. Make sure the cords have a grounded, three-pronged plug and are in good condition.
  • Never run cords under rugs or carpets.
  • Never connect generators to power lines. The reverse flow of electricity can electrocute an unsuspecting utility worker.

 

 

Content Ad – Middle (Bottom of Posts)

About The Author

Related posts

Content Ad Front Page – Top